care tips


    About 925 Sterling Silver

    This designation refers to jewelry that contains at least 92.5% silver. The remaining 7.5% is copper, which gives the silver the required strength for jewelry-making.
    Magnolia sterling silver jewelry is quality-assured to verify that the amount of pure silver used in each item is 92.5%. The 925 stamp found on each piece indicates the quality of the silver and its compliance with international standards.


    Tarnishing in Silver Jewellery

    Tarnishing is a natural process that occurs in silver as a result of oxidation. You may find that in summer your jewelry tarnishes faster due to the acidity of perspiration and the humidity in the air.
    You can clean your Magnolia jewelry with a special detergent for sterling silver jewelry or with a jewelry cleaning cloth (available for purchase at all Magnolia branches).
    Alternatively, you can go to any of Magnolia's branches and for a minimal cost have your jewelry sent out for a professional cleaning.


    Caring for Sterling Silver Jewelry

    Keeping your sterling silver jewelry shiny and glistening does not take much effort. We recommend the following:  

  • Regularly clean your jewelry with a special silver cleaning cloth (available for purchase at Magnolia branches).
  • Shower with your jewelry on - yes, on! Soapy running water keeps the jewelry clean and prevents it from tarnishing.
  • Do not wear your jewelry in the ocean or swimming pools. Both saltwater and chlorine are damaging to silver.
  • When you are not wearing your jewelry, keep it in a jewelry box, a closed drawer, or a small bag.
  • It is recommended not to keep multiple items in one bag as excessive movement may cause the items to mark or damage the settings and stones.
  • Keep your jewelry away from chemical substances (including domestic cleaners, lotions, and perfumes) that can damage silver.